How to Get Rid of Windows 7's Preview Windows

Saturday, November 21, 2009
I never used Windows XP, which I now understand was the best Windows version. I went straight from Windows 2000 to Windows Vista, which was a nightmare. Windows 7 is faster than Vista, I have found. However, I hate the changes that have been made to the taskbar, and I despise the preview windows (which don't actually provide a preview because I run Windows in the Classic mode).

I immediately started searching for a way to disable the preview windows. On the internet I found various registry tricks, none of which worked. The one that worked the best was a setting that delayed the opening of the preview windows for about ten minutes (thereby effectively eliminating them). But that trick worked only about 95% of the time. Finally I found a utility program written by someone name Ram Michael. It not only eliminates the preview windows entirely, it allows you to ungroup grouped windows, and to restore various features from previous versions of Windows.

Here is the URL:
http://www.rammichael.com/
The program you want is 7 Taskbar Tweaker. It is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7. Note that it comes in the zip format .RAR, so you'll need a utility to unzip it. You can find a free utility here:
http://www.7-zip.org/
My thanks to Ram Michael for writing this excellent program. If he would set up a method to accept donations, I would definitely make one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment